April 29, 2013

Springtime in Yellowstone








Arrived home yesterday after more than a week away.  We left the boy with his grandparents at the farm (so many adventures for a wee boy at the farm during springtime!), and traveled by car all the way south to Arches and Canyonland National Parks in Utah. 

Our journey took us along the edge of Yellowstone (the road passing through the park was still closed).  For now, traveling the outskirtting highway was beauty enough.  I made D. pull over twice near the orange-amber-rust underbush, as the contrast was too much to view only from my seat in the car.  I spotted a crisp river running along by the road.  We pulled off.  I crept down by the waters edge to dip my fingers in the icy mountain water.  There was wild sage all about us, it's silvery sheen complimenting the rusty shrubbery, lush forest and ivory snow. 

Just before arriving in West Yellowstone we encountered wild bison.  They sauntered about, cool and confident, indifferent to the people snapping photographs in awe.  

4 comments:

  1. beautiful captures.
    and, beautiful you!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you very much! You made my day :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Kaylee! I didn't know you were near my stomping grounds!! Jellystone!! How fun for you!
    Those pics are fabulous! You look radiant! Buffalo will do that to you. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was so beautiful! I want to come back in the summer months when we can access the whole park... it looks amazing! Where abouts are you?

      Delete